Each first grade student will be making a winter forest. We will make them with ice cream sugar cones, frosting, and tiny decorations. If you could donate one or more of the following items, we’d really appreciate it!
Every student should bring in a can of white frosting.
Supplies the class will need:
- 48-72 sugar ice cream cones (with pointed ends)
- 1 bag each of jumbo, large,
- LOTS of mini M & M’s, mini candy canes, sprinkles, cinnamon dots, gumdrops and other little candies, or other small items that can be used to decorate. WinCo has wonderful things in their bulk bins, like candy stones for pebbles, trees, snowmen, etc.
Animals crackers (frosted or unfrosted)
- We will also need lots of parent helpers from 12:30-2:00
We will make our forests on Thursday, December 15, at 12:45. Please come and join in the fun while helping the children create their winter forest scene. Then, snuggle-up and read a few books together in class. There are many wonderful ones in my library.
Our first homework folders will be sent home on Tuesday, September 6th, the day after Labor Day. The folders, along with the completed homework packs, are due back at school on Friday morning.
The 2016-2017 school year is finally here! I’m looking forward to a fantastic year with a new group of little learners. We will have a great time reading, writing, working with numbers, and so much more. First grade is just the BEST!
Our annual HRPTC Tri-Tip Dinner & Auction
Welcomes a Spring Carnival this year!
Please join us on Saturday, April 23, 2016
Enjoy the Carnival from 4-7 PM
Tri-Tip BBQ will be served from 5PM to 7PM
Drive-Thru dinners may be picked up in the DAKOTA parking lot.
Opportunity Drawing will be open from 4-7
There will also be a Teacher Bake Sale to purchase treats to eat after dinner or to take home!
In this week’s homework folder there was a letter explaining the optional project of building a Leprechaun trap. Remember that the trap should come to school on Wednesday, March 16th, so that we can set them up before we go home. Anyone that catches a Leprechaun gets to keep it!
On Friday, January 22, each classroom will choose its own Dress-Up Spirit Day theme. Our class theme is “Favorite Book Character.” Think about some of the books that you love to read, and think about the characters in those books. Dress up like one of those characters! You could even bring along the book that your character stars in if you’d like!
December always proves to be a busy and fun-filled month. With Winter Break, it also seems to go by oh-so-quickly! Here are some of the things that we have planned:
- “Ugly Sweater Day” on Friday, December 11th
- PTC Holiday Movie Night: Home Alone, on Friday, December 11th @ 7:30 in the Gym (other fun begins at 6:30)
- Creating our Winter Forests on Thursday, December 17th @ 12:45 (parent help needed from 12:30-2:00)
- Minimum day on Friday, December 18th, with dismissal for the entire school at 12:50
- Winter Break from Saturday, December 19th through Sunday, January 3rd
Here are a few of the fun things that will keep us busy during the month of November:
- Field Trip to The Children’s Museum of Stockton on Wednesday, Nov. 18th
- “Sports Day” dress in your favorite sport or team clothes on Friday, Nov. 20th
- Civility Assembly on Friday, Nov. 20th
- Minimum day on Friday, Nov. 20th
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov. 21st through Nov. 29th
- Cookie Dough Reward Assembly on Monday, November 30th
Fun dress-up days for Red Ribbon Week:
Monday, 10/26 – “Respect Yourself, Don’t Do Drugs” Students can wear red
Tuesday, 10/27 – “SMARTIES Choose To Be Drug Free” Students can dress in their “smartest” outfit
Wednesday, 10/28 – “Follow Your Dreams, Don’t Do Drugs” Students can dress in their pajamas
Thursday, 10/29 – “I Believe in Me – Happy, Healthy, and Drug Free!” Students can wear smiley face apparel
Friday, 10/30 – “I’m Too Bright for Drugs” Students can dress in their brightest outfit
The date and time have both been changed. I hope to see you at the Salida McDonald’s (4230 Salida Blvd.) on Tuesday, September 29 from 5:30-7:30.