Our first homework folders will be sent home on Tuesday, September 6th, the day after Labor Day. The folders, along with the completed homework packs, are due back at school on Friday morning.
The 2016-2017 school year is finally here! I’m looking forward to a fantastic year with a new group of little learners. We will have a great time reading, writing, working with numbers, and so much more. First grade is just the BEST!
Our annual HRPTC Tri-Tip Dinner & Auction
Welcomes a Spring Carnival this year!
Please join us on Saturday, April 23, 2016
Enjoy the Carnival from 4-7 PM
Tri-Tip BBQ will be served from 5PM to 7PM
Drive-Thru dinners may be picked up in the DAKOTA parking lot.
Opportunity Drawing will be open from 4-7
There will also be a Teacher Bake Sale to purchase treats to eat after dinner or to take home!
In this week’s homework folder there was a letter explaining the optional project of building a Leprechaun trap. Remember that the trap should come to school on Wednesday, March 16th, so that we can set them up before we go home. Anyone that catches a Leprechaun gets to keep it!
On Friday, January 22, each classroom will choose its own Dress-Up Spirit Day theme. Our class theme is “Favorite Book Character.” Think about some of the books that you love to read, and think about the characters in those books. Dress up like one of those characters! You could even bring along the book that your character stars in if you’d like!
December always proves to be a busy and fun-filled month. With Winter Break, it also seems to go by oh-so-quickly! Here are some of the things that we have planned:
- “Ugly Sweater Day” on Friday, December 11th
- PTC Holiday Movie Night: Home Alone, on Friday, December 11th @ 7:30 in the Gym (other fun begins at 6:30)
- Creating our Winter Forests on Thursday, December 17th @ 12:45 (parent help needed from 12:30-2:00)
- Minimum day on Friday, December 18th, with dismissal for the entire school at 12:50
- Winter Break from Saturday, December 19th through Sunday, January 3rd
Here are a few of the fun things that will keep us busy during the month of November:
- Field Trip to The Children’s Museum of Stockton on Wednesday, Nov. 18th
- “Sports Day” dress in your favorite sport or team clothes on Friday, Nov. 20th
- Civility Assembly on Friday, Nov. 20th
- Minimum day on Friday, Nov. 20th
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov. 21st through Nov. 29th
- Cookie Dough Reward Assembly on Monday, November 30th
Fun dress-up days for Red Ribbon Week:
Monday, 10/26 – “Respect Yourself, Don’t Do Drugs” Students can wear red
Tuesday, 10/27 – “SMARTIES Choose To Be Drug Free” Students can dress in their “smartest” outfit
Wednesday, 10/28 – “Follow Your Dreams, Don’t Do Drugs” Students can dress in their pajamas
Thursday, 10/29 – “I Believe in Me – Happy, Healthy, and Drug Free!” Students can wear smiley face apparel
Friday, 10/30 – “I’m Too Bright for Drugs” Students can dress in their brightest outfit
The date and time have both been changed. I hope to see you at the Salida McDonald’s (4230 Salida Blvd.) on Tuesday, September 29 from 5:30-7:30.
I must admit, I considered not sending the red folders home last Thursday. Since we’d have 4 days off from school, I worried that many of those things would get lost. But EVERY FOLDER came back to school today! Every kiddos got two good neighbor tickets to put into the box as a reward. Thanks to you all for getting those folders back.